Friday, August 24, 2007

LINDY'S NEW YORK CHEESECAKE, CONTINUED

Yesterday I published the recipe for Lindy's fantastic New York cheesecake, made with a food processor. Today I want to give the directions for making the cheesecake with a stand mixer. Although I have not made this cheesecake recipe with my KitchenAid stand mixer, I have made other cheesecakes with it. As I said yesterday, I prefer making cheesecakes with my Cuisinart 14-cup food processor. Here are the directions from the recipe I used. The ingredients were listed yesterday and do not change.

DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING LINDY'S CHEESECAKE WITH STAND MIXER:

Prepare dough by combining flour, sugar, and lemon zest. Make a well in center and add egg yolk and butter. Work together quickly with pastry blender or hands. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice if necessary to bind dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill thoroughly, at least one hour.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove ring from springform pan. Roll one third of the dough 1/8 inch thick and place over bottom of pan. Trim the edge and bake in preheated oven till light golden brown, from 8 - 12 minutes. Cool. Place the springform sides over the baked base. Roll the remaining dough 1/8 inch thick and cut to fit the sides of the pan, pressing firmly to fit and seal the base. Trim the dough to come only 3/4 of the way up the sides. (See my note from yesterday.)

Preheat oven to 550 degrees. Cream cheese with sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs and two additional yolks one at a time and blend. Add the flavorings and cream, mix well, and pour into prepared springform. Bake at 550 degrees for 10-12 minutes, then without opening oven door, reduce temp to 250 degrees and continue to bake for one hour. Cool the cake to room temp before glazing.

If you make the cheesecake, please give me feedback on how it turns out. My neighbor came this morning to get the cheesecake. She took 3/4 instead of a half and I charged her $25. Now that my freezer is empty of Lindy's, I can make it again. But first I have to make a fresh coconut cake, a lemon pound cake and a lemon trifle. (I have 10 lemons to use up from making limoncello which turned out fabulous! I will post that recipe later, but forgot to take a photo of the vodka with the lemon peels in it. Not to worry. I intend to make it again.)

No comments: