Thursday, April 26, 2012

SOUTHERN STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FOR THREE OR FOUR


I've had strawberry shortcake made with angel food cake, sponge cake and pound cake, but till now, never with biscuits.  Years ago, I had a neighbor from Arkansas who insisted that the only good strawberry shortcake  was made with biscuits, but she never did make it for me.  Since strawberries are very much in season in Eastern North Carolina, and since I find it very hard to pass up such succulent treats at the New Bern Farmer's Market, this seemed like the right time to try my hand at Southern strawberry shortcake, made with biscuits. Read more....

3 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever made old fashioned biscuit strawberry shortcake either!! Yours looks mouth watering!!!

Anonymous said...

this is definitely for one! I'm not sharing ;) I love how messy it looks! makes my heart drool

Kathy said...

It was very good and I am a terrible baker- your instructions were great and easy to follow-