Tuesday, January 6, 2009

GLAZED SWEET POTATOES


Just take my word for it: this is my new favorite candied sweet potato recipe, and everyone who ate Christmas dinner at our house agreed. Two thumbs up -- way up -- from everyone, including me. I like the way they are cut -- you can have as little or as much as you want. If you don't want to deal with a half potato, just take a little wedge. They were super easy -- no pre-cooking of the potatoes -- you save a step and also miss having to wash a pot. This is a one-shot deal. Right up my alley. I'll be making these again and often.

Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Source: Food Network
Rating: 10 out of 10

INGREDIENTS: 4 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup brown sugar (I cut the sugar from 1/2 cup)
3 Tbsp. maple syrup (use the real stuff, please)
1 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate (my addition)
2 big pinches fresh grated nutmeg
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, halved, each half cut into 4 lengthwise wedges

Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in baking dish; cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, or till yams are tender when pierced with a fork but still hold their shape. Don't overbake or you'll have mushy potatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I liked sweet potatoes!

My mom bakes hers, and just puts butter and real maple syrup on hers!

Sara said...

These sound great - I roasted sweet potatoes the other night. Just really simply, with salt, pepper and a touch of cane syrup for sweetness.