Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FAVORITE CHICKEN SALAD


I guess everyone has their favorite version of this American classic. This is mine. I make it whenever we buy a rotisserie chicken, which is pretty often.
Favorite Chicken Salad
Source: Judy's Kitchen
Rating: 8 out of 10
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup sliced or chopped tart apple
1/4 cup sliced celery
1 Tbsp. dried cranberries
2 Tbsp. chopped avocado
big pinch of sea salt
big pinch of black pepper
1/8 tsp. crushed dried basil
1 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 Tbsp. lite mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded or chopped cooked chicken
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and stir well to distribute everything evenly. Stir in chicken. Refrigerate. Serve on bed of lettuce, spinach or other greens of choice. Yield: 1 serving


7 comments:

Marge said...

This sounds wonderful. I love adding cranberries to chicken salad too!

Katrina said...

An interesting twist on the chicken salad that I haven't seen. Love the avocado and juice. Will have to try it!

Sara said...

I just love the addition of avocado. I could eat avocado every single day and never tire of it.

Lyndas recipe box said...

I love a good chicken salad! I like your addition of avacado for a nice flavor twist!

Debbie said...

Oh wow, that certainly looks good. I make one with curry and grapes but I will definitely try your version. Love the apples and avocado...

Elyse said...

What a great-sounding recipe! I've never seen avocado in a chicken salad. What a great idea!! I love avocado, plus it's a great way to get Omega-3s. Yum!!

Donna-FFW said...

Judy- your version sounds wonderful! I so love chicken salald. I buy the rotissiere for the same purpose.. its so good!!