Sunday, January 24, 2010

IRISH LAMB STEW

On a cold wintry day, there is nothing like a bowl of steaming hot stew, with tender chunks of meat and potatoes, and a flavorful gravy.  So how about some Irish Lamb Stew? 
016
You can buy lamb shoulder for a reasonable price, or even meaty lamb bones, to make this stew.  Lamb is a nice change from beef and offers a slightly sweeter taste.  I found this highly rated recipe on Allrecipes.com where several Irish readers noted that it was like a dish they remembered from their childhood. 
018
Hubby and I both are lamb lovers, so we gobbled this up with glee.  I hope you’ll click on over to The Bear Cupboard where I posted this recipe.  I rated it 10 out of 10 points, because it was just that good.

10 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I have never had lamb stew. It sounds like I've been missing out!

Velva said...

A fabulous soul satisfying and comforting stew.

Trish said...

I am loving it Judy! I am baking a beef and wine stew tonight...similar...with braised veggies. It's that time of year and thank goodness Sunday Night Family suppers are 'back' as one magazine put it! Good grief, I can't believe it was gone but many have such busy schedules. Sunday evening should be regrouping time for family around a delicious meal such as you show here!

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I love lamb... this sure looks irish! very good post!

Kerstin said...

I just cooked lamb for the first time for our NYE dinner and really want to do so again soon. This stew looks so flavorful - yum!

George Gaston said...

Judy, this looks so good. I love lamb and this recipe is definitely a keeper. Many thanks...

teresa said...

warm and comforting, my kind of meal!

Barbara said...

My mother used to make a lamb stew and always topped it with dumplings! Have no idea how she made it.
Your recipe looks delicous!

Juliana said...

Judy, what a nice stew...absolutely great for the cold weather! And rainy days :-)

Janice said...

Wow I love Irish Stew, great job.