It's apple time, and I've put together my ten favorite apple recipes. Some are simple, some are complex, all are wonderful. Most are adapted lower-fat, lower-sugar versions, but I think you'll find these recipes are plenty sweet. Please enjoy.
1. Biltmore House Restaurant Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie -- This one is a lot of work, but it’s a show stopper, and uber-delicious. I did reduce the sugar though, because it was just over the top for me. And it’s still plenty sweet. Worth making for a special occasion.
2. Kraft Apple Pecan Cheesecake – My adapted version of this easy dessert has a whole wheat-oatmeal crust and is baked in a springform pan rather than a 9x12 pan. The brown sugar in the filling lends a caramel tone that goes well with the other ingredients.
3. Apple Cobbler – This is a small cobbler for four people using a Williams Sonoma cobbler crust recipe.
4. Apple-Almond Gallette will serve four to six people who will thank you many times. This is a wonderful, rustic, delicious dessert.
Apple Frangipane Tarts for Four.
5. Maple Tarte Tartin sounds sophisticated and difficult, but it's actually rustic and easy -- and absolutely delicious.
6. Mix and Match Fruit Crumbles for Eight – An easy but delicious dessert.
7. No-Sugar Double Apple Applesauce – So not boring, with a deep apple flavor and wonderful apple sweetness because it’s made with apple juice concentrate instead of sugar.
8. Coconut-Apple-Cranberry-Pecan-Oat Crumble Muffins – Wow, what a mouthful! But these are especially good muffins, even if the ingredient list is a bit long.
9. Salted Caramel Apple Dumplings – Pastry-wrapped apples are golden brown on top while the bottom becomes like a warm apple-caramel pudding. Outrageous!
10. Caramel Apple Crumb Pie – Inspired by Linda Hundt, a multiple prize winner in the Crisco National Pie Contest. A crispy, crunchy, sweet crumb topping over slightly sweet and tangy apple filling, topped with rich and sweet caramel sauce. One of my new faves.