Sunday, June 22, 2008

BETTY CROCKER'S GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CHIPOTLE-PEACH GLAZE, adapted


Betty Crocker is not just about desserts. They have some good meal recipes on their website. For instance, this one. It was very tasty, and both fussy Guy and I enjoyed it. Since I didn't have peaches but I did have pineapple, I subbed the pineapple in place of the peaches. I love grilled pineapple. But I also love grilled peaches, just didn't have any at the time. I also used skin-on and bone-in chicken instead of the boneless that the recipe called for. And, lastly, I cut the recipe to serve two, instead of eight.

Betty Crocker's Grilled Chicken with Chipotle-Peach Glaze, adapted for two
Ratiing: 9 out of 10
Click for PRINTABLE PAGE


INGREDIENTS:
2 Tbsp. peach or apricot preserves
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 chipotle chile in adobo sauce + 1/4 tsp. adobo sauce
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
2 chicken breasts with skin on and bone in (or boneless if you prefer)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder (I used McCormick California Style Garlic with Parsley)
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Fresh pineapple or peaches

Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-quart saucepan, mix preserves, lime juice, chile and adobo sauce. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until preserves are melted. Stir in chopped cilantro; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.

Place chicken on grill. Cover; cook over medium heat 20-25 minutes, turning once or twice and brushing with preserves mixture during last 5 minutes of grilling, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170F). Add pineapple or peach halves to grill for last 5 minutes of grilling, just till heated. Heat any remaining preserves mixture to boiling; boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with chicken and fruit. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.

(Or do what I did: Skewer veggies and fruit and grill alongside chicken during the last 10 minutes, basting with the sauce.)

No comments: