Tuesday, July 15, 2008

MORNING CALL'S #1 WINNING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE

Since I posted on the #2 winning recipe in the Morning Call Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe contest, a reader commented that the link in my post did not go to the Morning Call article as it was supposed to. I tried for more than 1/2 hour to find the article, but no matter how or where I searched, it was not to be found. Luckily, I printed the article out when I first read it, so as I have time, I'll post the other 3 winning recipes. Here's #1 to get us started, and as I stated in my previous post, I don't use Grape Nuts, so I won't be making these, although I'm sure they're great if they won first prize:

Jo Ann Sheesley's Signature Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks butter, softened
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup old-fashioned or quick oats
1/2 to 3/4 cup Grape Nuts cereal
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
12-oz. bag Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet mini chips

Combine flour, oats, cereal, baking soda and salt in one bowl. Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla in another bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter/sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate 2 hrs. or overnight. Drop batter onto greased sheets or sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 10-12 min. Rotate sheets halfway through the baking time. Cool on wire racks.

No comments: