Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MORNING CALL'S #5 CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE WINNING RECIPE

The fifth-place winner in Morning Call's Chocolate Chip Cookie Contest is interesting. I've never tried cream cheese in a chocolate chip cookie. I am wondering if the cookie comes out flaky. I would like to try these, but can't because I'm on a weight-loss program. My 50th high-school reunion is coming up in November and I don't want to go to it looking like an overweight senior. My list of cookies to make when I get off this kick is so long, I fear I'll never get to these. So if you make these, please do come back and leave a comment letting us know how they turned out. If they're really good, I may put them at the top of my list of cookies to bake after I slim down.

Melissa Marsh's Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
12 oz. milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375F. Combine cream cheese, butter and sugars. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chips. Grease cookie sheets and bake 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. (The recipe doesn't state how much dough to drop, or how many cookies the recipes makes.)

No comments: