Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SIMPLE BAKED FLOUNDER

We have a crab trap at our friend's dock in Pamlico County. When Guy went to check it yesterday, there were a bunch of blue claws, a soft shell crab and a flounder. We ate the flounder for dinner tonight, along with some steamed green beans, eggplant parmesan from Prevario's, and a simple tomato salad made with his cousin's tomatoes. Everything was delicious.

For the flounder, Guy skinned it on both sides. Since I was using the oven to heat the eggplant parmesan, I put the flounder in a large glass pie plate
that I had sprayed with non-stick
cooking spray. I dotted the fish pieces with little bits of garlic-herb butter that I had left over from my last batch of garlic bread. (I actually used Smart Balance Lite, not butter.) The fish baked at 375F for about 15 minutes, and was perfectly done. This is about as good as it gets.

No comments: