Wednesday, August 27, 2008

SWEET-AND-HOT ORANGE WINGS

These wings were a nice change from our usual barbecued wings with John Boy & Billy's sauce. They're a little sweet, a little hot and have a subtle flavor. Guy and I both enjoyed them. We had a mushroom-spinach rice pilaf and a cucumber-green pepper-tomato salad as accompaniments.
My thanks to Southern Living for a great recipe.








Sweet-and-Hot Orange Wings
(Southern Living)
Rating: 9 out of 10

1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. grated or minced garlic
3 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
4 lbs. chicken wings
4 green onions, chopped (optional)

Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients in small saucepan. Remove 1 cup of mixture to a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; add wings; seal bag and refrigerate at least one hour, or up to 8 hours. Heat remaining mixture in saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes, or till mixture is reduced by half; set aside.
Preheat gas grill to medium-high (350-400F); remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill wings, covered with grill lid, 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally till chicken is thoroughly cooked. Transfer wings to a serving platter, and drizzle sauce over wings; sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serves 6 (or 12 appetizer servings)

1 comment:

Luv2BBQ aka~Shane said...

Love what you have here Judy... I'm amazed at all the amazing recipes you have. It must have taken some serious time to get this site where you want it..
I also have a recipe site but it's only for bbq chicken recipes. Currently it is at PR2,ranking well and drawing in some decent traffic.
What do you think about reciprocating links with me?
I'd really like to add your link on my site so that my readers can also see what you have to share.
I'm all about having options :)
Judy if this something you would be interested in, please let me know.
Not sure about leaving my email here so maybe you can visit my BBQ site and let me know what you think in the comments or contact us section. Hope that's not a bother.
Cheers to great recipes..