Tuesday, September 16, 2008

BLACK BEAN 'N OLIVE SALSA

Why did it take me so long to get on to salsas? I am so in love with them. This one is a Kraft recipe. The changes I made were really insignificant, and didn't affect the flavor or outcome. This salsa is not only great with taco chips, but also as a condiment for grilled chops or chicken. And, as an added bonus, this is the fastest salsa I've made yet, since you start with a jar of purchased salsa and, basically, just doctor it.

Black Bean 'n Olive Salsa
Rating: 10 out of 10


INGREDIENTS:
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jar (16 oz.) Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
(I used the Harris Teeter store brand thick 'n chunky salsa.)
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted black olives (I put some green ones in, too.)
1/2 cup whole kernel corn (I used 1 ear of fresh corn, scraped from the cob, uncooked.)
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced (I grated it
because it's much faster & easier.)
2 tsp. fresh lime juice

Mash some of the beans in a medium bowl with a fork. Add all remaining ingredients, including remainder of beans, and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour for flavors to blend. Serve with crackers, veggies, taco chips, or as a condiment to grilled meats and poultry.
Dee-lish! Makes about 3-1/2 cups of salsa.

No comments: